So as I SLOWLY become a little bit more technically savvy I’m proud to introduce you to my new “thing” for the blog this fall.
My plan is to create free online yoga tutorials for those of you who are interested in starting a yoga practice OR are already practicing yoga regularly but want to deepen your practice.
Every yoga pose (asana) is designed to give your body, your mind, or your spirit some benefit.
But when you are at the gym, upside down trying to look at what the instructor is doing, you don’t always get the maximum benefit from your practice. Often times you are not even made aware of WHY you are being cued to get into a particular pose or series of poses.
We’ve all been there at one point or another. I have been practicing yoga for 12 years and teaching it for 5 years and there are times when I STILL go into a class and the instructor throws me for a loop!
This is why I’ve created this yoga tutorial. As an explanation of yoga poses.
These tutorials are designed to help you:
- Have a better understanding of your body
- Have a better understanding of each pose
- Deepen your practice so you receive optimal benefit
- Build your confidence in each pose so that you don’t have to watch the teacher (as much)
- Get quick and simple explanations of various poses that you can practice any time
- “Self-correct” your alignment so you are less prone to injury
And then come back here and tell me what you think. Your feedback (positive and critical) is always appreciated.